sends HIS son to the world to save the living beings from the clutches of Kal. Sant
Dariya Saheb came to the world under the instructions of the Lord to save Jivas.Satpurush
came to Dharkandha(a village in Bihar, India) to instruct Dariya Saheb. The Lord
enthroned Sant Dariya and assured him to save the souls that followed his teachings.
Sant preached ahimsa(non-violence) against all living beings.According to
him,unless lamp of kindness is lighted, the soul cannot find the path that leads
to the Lord.
The teaching of Dariya Saheb is above sects,castes and religions.People belonging
to any race,religion and caste can be benefited from His teaching.According to the
saint, all the men and women are the creation of the Satpurush.One should love and
respect others as one expects love and respect from others.Harsh words should not
be spoken.One should see his own image in others.Sant preached love and devotion
to the Satpurush only.According to Him no purpose is served by visiting places of
pilgrimage if true devotion to the Lord is misssing.Sant preached against ritualism.The
human body has all the sixty eight tirthas(places of pilgrimage). It is the true
mandir/masjid in which the Lord could be discovered and worshipped.
- Satpurush is unborn,eternal,all-powerful, creator of everything.He does not take
birth and meet death.He is beyond description.
- Jiva is the resident of Satlok .It has got entangled into the snare of Kal and is
wandering in samsar(world) in different forms
- Satpurush sends Sadguru to the samsara (world) to teach the misguided souls(Jivas).Only
Sadguru knows the path that liberates Jivas from the snares of Kal.Jiva, by following
the teachings of Sadguru, gets liberated and goes to his permanent abode, that is
- Devotion to Satpurush alone can free the souls from the clutches of kal.Worship
to poly-gods, ghosts and other celetial objects have been discouraged by the
- Observance of rituals and wandering in places of pilgrimage without true devotion
to the Lord serve no purpose.
- One should take vegetarian food only.Eating of meat is completely prohibited in
- Sant has advocated two paths only for attainment of nirvan:
But actualy there is only one path i.e the path of knowledge that liberate. The path of bhakti letter merges into the path of knowlege. Dariya says, "Gyan Vina Mukti Na Hoi"
- Path of Knowledge,
- Path of Bhakti (Devotion)
- Human birth is most precious and it should not be lost in mere satisfaction of sensuous
pleasures,accumulation of wealth and wielding power.Human birth should be utilised
for the realisation of Pad-Nirvan (God).If this opportunity is lost, none can say
when one would be fortunate to get human birth again.Getting of human birth is rare.
- One does not become high or low from his origion of birth. By acquiring virtues
and doing good deeds only, one becomes high .
- Like all other saints of Nirgun School, Dariya Saheb discarded Avatarbad
(Incarnation theory). He didnot believe in the theory of Divine creation of
four classes of people as Brahman. Kshatriya, Vaisya and Sudra .
- Jiva and Brahma are two different entities.Jiva takes different forms(Rupas)
in Samsar whereas Brahma is beyond Samsar.Brahma is one while
Jivas are many.Jiva gets tainted by load of deeds and reaps the fruits of his actions.Brahma
is nirlep ( beyond getting tainted).
Teachings of the Saint could be summarised in the following three
1. Right Gahani (Understanding)
2. Right Rahani (Living)
3. Sumiran (Mindfulness)